The transition of accounts to Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”) is complete!
We’re pleased to share that the transition was successfully completed. Here is some important information for you to know:
- If you set up credentials for Schwab’s client portal, Schwab Alliance, before the transition, you should have received an email directly from Schwab with information about accessing your account online. The email contains links to various resources at Schwab including how to navigate the portal but we are also available to assist you with any questions or concerns.
- Ad hoc money requests will take a few days longer to process. Please allow 3-4 business days to receive funds if you already have a Move Money authorization setup. If we need to process a Move Money authorization for you, please allow 5-7 business days to receive the funds.
- You will receive two account statements in the next statement cycle—one will reflect your previous account (which will show a zero balance and no positions) and one that will reflect your new account with Schwab with all your positions and balances. You may continue to receive two statements over the next few months if there is any residual activity in your previous account, such as dividend or interest payments.
- Based on the activity in your account, you will receive two sets of tax documents for the tax year 2023.
- Any unrealized gain/loss history will be integrated into Schwab, and you will have access to the existing cost-basis calculator. We will also have access to this information and can assist you with any questions or needed information.
- If you would like to access your account online, go to http://www.schwaballiance.com. After logging in, you’ll be prompted to set up paperless.
These materials have been independently produced by Horizon Financial Services, LLC (“Horizon Financial”). Horizon Financial is independent of, and has no affiliation with, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. or any of its affiliates (“Schwab”). Schwab is a registered broker-dealer and member SIPC. Schwab has not created, supplied, licensed, endorsed, or otherwise sanctioned these materials nor has Schwab independently verified any of the information in them. Horizon Financial provides you with investment advice, while Schwab maintains custody of your assets in a brokerage account and will effect transactions for your account on our instruction.